As I’m currently living in Japan, I have the opportunity to acquire some domestically produced whiskies that are not often sold internationally.
I wrote a short guide on where you can purchase whisky in Japan.
- Nikka Miyagikyo 2004 — From the Barrel — Distillery Exclusive
- Akkeshi Sarorunkamuy
- Nikka Miyagikyo Sherry and Sweet
- Yoichi Woody & Vanillic, Sherry & Sweet
- Yoichi NAS/NV
Life in Japan
All of my whisky reviews are tagged by distillery, so you can easily go sus out additional reviews and opinions from myself and others. These are particular standout drams:
- Octomore 10.2 “διάλογος”
- A truly lovely 19 YR Highland Park from Thompson Brothers
- Bunnahabhain in Palo Cortado? Chef’s kiss!
- My first magnum, a Silver Seal Clynelish
- A rather unusual small IB Braes of Glenlivet / Braeval
- Glenfarclas Family Cask for Shinanoya / Tokyo Whiskey Fest
- A beautiful 38 year old blended malt
- Heartwood Convict Redemption 1
New distilleries I am excited about:
- Daftmill: 2007 winter batch
Whisky I did not like:
Computers & Technology
I may not write often about technology, since I spend my work shifts working with the stuff, but every now and again I dabble in this or that and may write up a post about it.